Search

Custom Search

Results

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

From my old notes to Triond...

I have signed up with the site Triond which allows you to submit written articles and poems for them to publish. As I am having a hard time putting my thoughts together to come up with something to submit to them, I found these words jotted down at the last pages of my bluebook years ago really helpful…

I have managed to copy them before having my blue book thrown out. I actually can’t remember what drove me to write down these thoughts.

I don’t know if it has something to do with my personal or a friend’s circumstance at that time (i really can’t remember…). It could have been just like the other doodles you usually can find in most of my notes. Perhaps, they were just the fruit of the long boring lectures I had to go through during that time…


When you were down,
I was there to pick you up.
When you cried for help,
I hurriedly reached out.

While you were drowning,
I bravely dived in.
But when it was me who was sinking,
"Where have you been?"
_________________________________

My life is a mess,
Can’t help but feel less.
Feels like i am restless.
Why do I have to go through such a test?
_________________________________

It is only right now that I feel like this,
I feel nothing but only piss.
I don’t know why, I end up in cries,
Maybe I am fed up with so many lies.


I made use of these words to come up with my second Triond submission. I just had this expanded and added up some more words to it and was able to come up with a poem entitled "On Broken Friendship" which was published via Triond at Authspot ( http://authspot.com/poetry/on-broken-friendship/ ). I'm hoping you'd take a read at it.

The poem talks about disappointments and failed friendship. It's a bit saddening and I'm hoping none of use would come to the point of dedicating this poem to anyone whom we are close to and whom we do consider as a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment